This past weekend I finished all the trim in the two lofts and got the second coat of varnish on the sleeping loft.
Then I started the loft ladder. I spent the better part of a day roughing out the two uprights and the ladder rungs. Then, when I went to clamp it together I discovered that I’d made 2 left hand uprights and I didn’t have lumber to make another. So the next day I picked up another board and made a right hand upright.
Here’s the ladder clamped together before final shaping and sanding:
Yesterday I finished shaping and sanding and screwed and glued the ladder together…a final sanding today and I applied the first coat of finish.